Monday, January 5, 2009

My time at the Vietnamese Orphanage



I had the privilege of doing what I've always wanted to do for the Xmas season and my wish came true as I had the opportunity to go to a Vietnamese Orphanage to meet 150 little angels ranging from the ages 5-13, and 4 of whom I sponsored, in the orphanage in the Cuchi District of Vietnam.
Early on a Sunday morning at 730am I along with my friend Ann and her boyfriend who are both residents of Ho Chi Minh city joined a bus load of 30 other people with gifts of all calibre in red shoe boxes and took a hour trip to the countryside to the orphanage.
I've attached pics for you to see.
The Orphanage currently houses 300 children who have been orphaned due to many reasons, some being that they were born mentally handicapped.and possibly abandoned.
When we arrived we could hear from way down the road, squeals of delight and excitement as they started seeing us arrive with the special red boxes and foreign faces.




No comments: